Provide office support by answering the phones, greeting participants who come to the center, faxing, and copying. Basic computer knowledge is helpful, but not required.
- Two shifts on weekdays (9-1 or 1-5)
Girl’s Night In
Participate in workshops for girls ages 13-18 that build lifeskills. Past topics include positive body image, conflict resolution and employment readiness.
- 1st Thursday of each month from 5:45-8:45pm
Do you quilt, crochet, or knit? Women make quilts and sew items for various community needs.
Seminar & Workshop Presenters
Do you have a special skill or professional experience that you would like to share with women or girls? We are seeking individuals to present seminars or workshops. Examples include stress management, budgeting, exercise classes such as Zumba or yoga, study skills, resume writing, computer skills and technology. The sky is the limit; contact us if you have a topic of interest.
Do you have professional skills in marketing, finance, fundraising, event planning, or photography? The Women’s Connection is seeking professionals who are willing to donate such skills to our organization. We also have opportunities to be a part of various board committees.
Special Events & Fundraisers
Throughout the year we have special events that require volunteer support:
- Mailings: 2-3 x/year we have mailings that need collating and envelope stuffing
- International Women’s Day: March celebration of women with gathering at TWC
- Cabaret Fundraiser: Spring. Variety show, basket raffles, silent auction, etc.. Committee and event volunteers needed
- Golf Outing Fundraiser: June/Summer. Gold, hole sponsors, basket raffles, etc.
- Block Party: June/July. Neighborhood party at TWC. Face painting, fun, food, games, etc.
- Mom & Me Fundraiser: July. Fun, games, food, fashion show, basket raffles, silent auction for mother’s and daughters.
- Back to School Fair: 1 st Saturday in August. Backpack give-a-way, information, snacks, screenings
- TWC Open Houses: September & March. Showcase programs, offer tours, snacks, displays, etc.
- Price Hill Health Fair: 1st Saturday in October. Free health info and screenings. Snacks and fun
If you are interested in any of these opportunities call
The Women's Connection
4042 Glenway Ave , Cincinnati , OH 45205